Tickets To The Future: Get your nominations in!
We are delighted to now be in a position to announce details of the Tickets to The Future initiative for the 2021-22 season.
A large number of incredibly generous South Shields supporters purchased season tickets for the 2020-21 campaign and donated them back to the club. The aim of the scheme was to gift the tickets to deserving individuals and those who would not usually have the opportunity to attend games at 1st Cloud Arena.
The continued impact of the pandemic meant the club was forced to pause the initiative until crowd limits were removed, and now that is the case we have a number of season tickets to give away.
Nominations are now open for deserving new supporters who we hope will become part of our fantastic fanbase moving forward.
South Shields FC chief executive Lee Picton said: “Once again, the generosity of our supporters shone through with this initiative.
“It was yet another example of our fans living our club values, in this case showing the humility to put others before themselves during what were financially testing times during the Covid-19 pandemic.”
The Club has given its Foundation the task of finding worthy recipients.
Foundation manager Steve Camm said: “We’ve given it some careful thought and want to make sure that we are making good choices about how to allocate the tickets.
“We also think it’s appropriate for supporters to be involved in the process.
“We’ve come up with a framework and we’d encourage as many people as possible to get nominations to us by the final whistle on Saturday, August 7th, the day of our home friendly with Gateshead.”
There are three categories:
- Stars of the Future – Every year, a group of 5 and 6-year-olds join our Mini Mariners grassroots football programme. They will go on to play for one of the Foundation junior teams and who knows, in the future may become part of our Academy structure. They will automatically receive a ticket, so no nominations are required.
- Fans of the Future – There will be football mad 5 to 7-year-olds out there who perhaps don’t want to join the Mini Mariners programme but would love to come along and enjoy a matchday experience each week. We’ll draw a number of winners from nominations received.
- Champions of the Future – The final category has three age groups: age 5-11, age 12-16 and adult. We’d love to hear your nominations for this special category. They will be people who have epitomised the club’s values of humility, unity or industry in the last 15 months, for example by putting other people before themselves, working or volunteering in a key role, or inspiring or helping others.
Please email your nominations for categories two and three by Saturday, August 7th to Foundation@southshieldsfc.co.uk
Remember to include:
- Your name
- Their name and age group
- Why they are awesome (in 50 words)
- Their favourite South Shields FC player