The Class of ’23 – Matchday Experience
Our schools Matchday Experience Programme is aimed primarily at children in Years 5 and 6. Many of the pupils we met in the 2018-19 season will be turning 16 in 2023, when we hope they will be our next generation of supporters.
- School Visit – Visit by a number of first-team players to the school for an assembly-type session where we can say a little bit about the club, give out tickets for an upcoming game and give the children an opportunity to ask some of the players questions.
- Match Tickets – We distribute FREE match tickets to every Year 5 and Year 6 child AND an accompanying adult.
- Matchday Play Park – On the day of the game the children are invited to take part in our matchday play park, which includes football, quick sticks hockey, tennis and rounders between 1.30pm and 2.30pm.
- Guard of Honour – School choose 10 children to form a guard of honour as the players come out onto the pitch at 3pm.
- The Match – an opportunity to enjoy a South Shields FC game.
- Post Match Workshop (Subject to Confirmation)– We are delighted that The Word, National Centre for the Written Word in South Shields, has offered each school six places to participate in a post-match workshop where children will write and film a match report based on their experience.
In 2018-19 we visited 3,263 children in 23 different primary schools. The programme resulted in 1,903 children and parents enjoying a matchday experience.