Opportunities to join the media team at South Shields FC
Exciting opportunities have arisen to join South Shields Football Club’s media team ahead of the 2021-22 season.
The club is looking for a head of content for its matchday programme, a videographer and a social media assistant as it prepares for the new Pitching In Northern Premier League campaign.
The voluntary roles are ideal for anyone with aspirations of working in sports media, and may prove particularly attractive to students looking to gain experience in the industry.
Previous experience in similar positions at other clubs is desired but all applications are greatly welcomed.
The roles available are set out in greater detail below. Those who are interested in any of the positions are asked to send an email to email@example.com as soon as possible, detailing any previous experience and examples of their work.
MATCHDAY PROGRAMME HEAD OF CONTENT
As the head of content for the club’s matchday programme, you will be expected to:
- Lead the club’s matchday programme content, liaising with the Head of Media and Communications
- Work to tight deadlines and ensure all content is produced at least two days in advance of each home fixture
- Have strong writing and editing skills in order to maintain high standards
- Regularly submit and implement your own feature ideas, and present proposals as to the design of the programme
Previous experience as a programme editor or programme head of content is strongly desired but all applications are welcomed. At present, the programme is designed by an external partner, therefore design skills are not essential. If the successful applicant is skilled in this area and has access to the relevant software, they would be welcome to also take the responsibility of the design of the programme.
The club is looking to fill this position at the earliest opportunity so quick applications are recommended. Applicants who are not successful will be considered as potential programme content contributors if they so wish.
As videographer, you will be expected to:
- Film all South Shields FC first-team home games, and potentially away games subject to availability
- Produce highlights packages for the club’s media channels, including YouTube, within 24 hours of each game taking place
- Submit match highlights packages to the Pitching In Northern Premier League
- Have prior experience filming football matches and a passion for such work
This role is scalable depending on your level of experience and the amount of time you are able to dedicate to it. For example, you would also have the opportunity to film and produce highlights packages for the club’s Academy and Ladies sides, with all equipment provided to you. You would also have the freedom to produce more content, for example behind-the-scenes footage, coverage of training sessions and exposure of other events which take place at the club.
Your presence at all first-team home games will be essential, with the potential for this to be extended to away games too.
This is another position the club is looking to fill quickly so again, quick applications are requested, with examples of your work included as part of that.
SOCIAL MEDIA ASSISTANT
As social media assistant, you will be expected to:
- Work closely with the club’s Head of Media and Communications on social media content ideas
- Lead the club’s Instagram account and grow its following on that platform
- Attend all first-team home games and produce content on matchdays
- Launch the club’s presence on other social media channels, for example TikTok
- Stay up-to-date with social media trends and ensure the club is at the forefront of any developing areas
This is another scalable role depending on your level of experience and the amount of time you are able to dedicate to it. You will have the freedom to implement your own ideas to ensure the club is at the cutting edge of any social media developments.
Previous experience of working in a social media role is strongly desired.
Those who are interested in any of the above positions are asked to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, including information on your previous experience and examples of your work.