Job Vacancy: Sports Development Officer
An exciting job role has emerged for a highly motivated, skilled and experienced coach to join the team at South Shields FC Foundation.
The full-time opportunity will involve a combination of in-school PE delivery ranging from Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) to Year 6, as well as evening and weekend delivery across a range of football activities.
A particularly exciting part of the role is to co-create a strategy for growing our provision for female players, with a Little Trix programme already in place and the South Shields FC Ladies team continuing to grow in stature.
The club is committed to establishing women’s and girls’ football as an integral part of its delivery and, aligned with the FA strategy ‘Inspiring Positive Change’, we want to ensure that every primary school-aged girl has equal access to football in-school and every girl has equal access to participate for fun, competition and excellence.
The skills and qualities which are essential to this position are:
- A genuine care for and commitment towards the development of the person inside every player
- A proven track record of supporting young players across a variety of coaching settings
- A progressively minded individual with a track record of enhancing coaching practice
- A commitment to ongoing personal and professional development
- A positive team player with an appetite to support the development of others
Full details about the role and the qualifications which are desired can be found by clicking here.
To apply for this role, please send an up-to-date CV along with a cover letter to tell us:
- What interests you most about this opportunity
- One awesome thing about yourself
- How you feel you can make a positive contribution to South Shields Football Club
Please forward your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We very much look forward to receiving your application before the advertised closing date, which is Sunday, June 20th.