Details released ahead of marquee bar’s reopening
As the club prepares for the reopening of the marquee bar at Mariners Park this weekend, we are now in a position to reveal further details about the protocols which will be in place.
The bar will be open from 12pm on Saturday and Sunday and the closing time will be determined by the number of people who remain in the marquee, but last orders will be no earlier than 9pm and no later than 11.15pm. The gates will close to any newcomers at 9pm.
Numbers will be strictly limited in line with Government guidelines and because of that, we are strongly encouraging people to book indoor tables to avoid any disappointment on the day. We anticipate the indoor tables for Saturday to be fully booked so encourage people to try to book quickly. There will also be a very limited number of outdoor tables available on a first-come, first-served basis on the day until we reach capacity, at which point the entry to the ground will be closed until we have availability.
Indoor tables of four and six will be available to book in three time slots: 12pm to 3pm, 3pm to 6pm and 6pm until close. We will require a deposit of £20 per table, which can then be used towards your drinks orders until you reach the threshold of £20, or can be returned to your card as you leave. You can book for more than one time slot if you wish. If you do so, you will need to pay a deposit for each time slot. The reason for the requirement of deposits is to reduce the risk of tables being left empty inside, which could potentially lead to people missing out.
Tables can be booked from 9am onwards on Tuesday. To book, call 07519862723 but please do not do this until the time stated, and we request patience as lots of calls are expected.
Here are some further protocols which will be in place.
– Entry to Mariners Park must be made through turnstile 1. A one-way system will be in place within the ground and the exit will be the main gates next to turnstiles 3 and 4.
– All visitors will need to sign in and provide a name and contact number on arrival.
– All payments must be paid by contactless card, with no cash to be used.
– On arrival you will be assigned a table, and table service will be in place. There will be no orders made at the bar.
– People who are in bubbles will be allowed to sit together in a group size of up to six, with a 2m distance in place between tables.
– The table layout cannot be changed – tables must remain at least 2m apart.
– The toilets will be supervised by a member of staff. Toilets will operate on a one person in, one person out basis.
– Drinks will be served in plastic glasses and there will be plenty of bins across the site for those glasses to be disposed of. Please do not bring these glasses to the bar – either dispose of them into the bins or wait for a member of staff to clear them.
– Tables and other areas including the toilets will be regularly cleaned by staff.
– Indoor tables which are not booked out (or should those who book not attend) will be available on a first-come, first-served basis to those who have not booked, and outdoor tables will also be available on a first-come, first served basis.
– All those who visit us must follow Government guidance regarding social distancing.