A key part of the football clubs long term vision is the development and progression of local young players who demonstrate high sporting potential. Through the implementation of a performance pathway the club aims to create tangible development opportunities for talented young players:
- 1. To flourish within a professional first team environment at the highest level possible.
- 2. To play an integral role in the future success of South Shields FC first team.
- 3. To access higher education football scholarship programmes (in the UK and/or overseas).
- 4. To achieve their academic potential using football as a motivational springboard.
At present the club runs two programmes as part of the performance pathway. Both programmes are attached to education providers, enabling the young people involved to access a tailored football development programme that sits alongside their chosen academic studies:
- The Futures Programme is delivered in partnership with Mortimer Community College and will provide elite football in education opportunities for players aged 11-16 (Year 7 – Year 11).
- SSFC Academy Programme is delivered in partnership with Sunderland College and will provide elite football in education opportunities for players aged 16-19 (Year 12 – school leavers).
To find out more about the South Shields FC Academy please access the relevant website pages via the drop down list above, follow us on twitter or contact us directly via email.