A guide on how to become a shareholder
South Shields Football Club has launched a crowdfunding campaign on Seedrs that allows you to buy equity in the club and become an even bigger part of our future.
In order to take advantage of this opportunity, you will need to register as an investor on the Seedrs platform. Please note that the full process may take 15 to 20 minutes.
Seedrs offers investment opportunities and therefore is subject to Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulation, and must complete Know Your Customer (“KYC”) checks on each person looking to invest through the platform. Registering is straightforward but to provide some extra help we’ve developed this guide. If you still have any questions about the process after reading this guide our direct customer support can help you out, simply email email@example.com and we will get back to you.
First, visit Seedrs.com and click on the Sign-Up button at the top right of the page. You will have the option to use one of your social media accounts or an email address and password to start the registration process. This includes the following steps:
- Confirming your Email
- Filling in your Basic Information
- Taking the Risk Warnings Quiz
- Completing your Account and Verifying your Identity
- Once you have submitted your email address and created a password, you will be sent a confirmation email.
Click on the link provided in this email to verify the address.
- Select whether you would like to just view the campaign or if you would like to view the campaign and invest straight away.
- If you select you are ready to invest you will need to supply your first, last name and date of birth. Make sure these match the ones in your identity document, which you will need later. Don’t use nicknames or abbreviations, so no ‘Tom’ if your name is ‘Thomas’ in your passport or ID. Please read the membership agreement before continuing. If you are investing on behalf of an institution, please select “I am registering an institution” instead.
- Next, you will be asked which country you live in and to provide your tax residency details. Please choose the most relevant option for you.
- The next step is to confirm your investor profile. You should choose the profile that describes you best. You will then be presented with the Risk Warning which you should read in full before continuing.
- In the next section, you may have to complete a short quiz, your reading of the Risk Warnings will provide you with some of the information needed. The purpose of this quiz is to ensure investors understand the risks involved with investing in companies raising on Seedrs.
- The final section is to complete your account and make sure the details are correct. This information will be checked as part of the KYC process so it is vital that it is correct.
Once you have supplied these details Seedrs will need to verify your identity and you may need the following documentation: passport, drivers licence or ID card, and proof of address. Please note if you are required to submit a proof of address this should be in the form of a utility bill or bank statement, dated within the past three months.
Once you complete the remaining requested steps, your registration process will be complete.
Now you simply need to wait for Seedrs to approve the request, which can be immediate or may take up to 48 hours.
If you have any questions or need more assistance with the process, our support team will be happy to assist you. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive assistance.
This article has been approved as a financial promotion by Seedrs Limited, which is authorised by the FCA. Investing involves risks, including loss of capital, illiquidity, lack of dividends and dilution, and should be done only as part of a diversified portfolio. Seedrs does not make investment recommendations to you and any investment decision should be made on the basis of the full campaign.