A Shields supporter since 1945 when first taken to Horsley Hill by his father.
He was involved in junior football with the local Whiteleas Juniors/St. Hilda’s Juniors, and also with Stanhope Road School X1, where he was a member of the teaching staff.
A supporter of the club for all his adult life, he became a member of the committee in 1992.
His father was also associated with the club during the 1930s.